Update: The new Dragon Ball film will hit theaters in the United States on Aug. 19. The movie begins rolling out Internationally on Aug. 18. The full list of dates is below. More information can be found on the Crunchyroll website.
- August 18 in Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Colombia, Central America, Ecuador, Bolivia, Uruguay, Paraguay
- August 19 in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Zambia, Vietnam
- August 26 in India, Indonesia
- August 30 in Malaysia, Brunei
- August 31 in the Philippines
- September 1 in Singapore
- September 8 in Taiwan
- September 15 in South Korea
- September 29 in Thailand, Hong Kong, Macao
- Additional global release dates for the film will be announced soon.
There is also a new teaser for the film, which shows off some of the epic fights and action.
Get ready to clear your schedule! We're bringing Dragon Ball Super: SUPER HERO to theaters around the world starting this August!— Crunchyroll (@Crunchyroll) June 14, 2022
DATES: https://t.co/f77Vdw4GcN pic.twitter.com/cojafCMLGc
Original story: The new Dragon Ball film is coming to theaters worldwide this summer.
A new trailer for Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero reveals some of the epic fights — in the rain! with dramatic glasses throwing! — as well as the powerful androids that have come to attack the heroes. The synopsis for the new movie is as follows:
The Red Ribbon Army was once destroyed by Son Goku. Individuals, who carry on its spirit, have created the ultimate Androids, Gamma 1 and Gamma 2. These two Androids call themselves “Super Heroes”. They start attacking Piccolo and Gohan… What is the New Red Ribbon Army’s objective? In the face of approaching danger, it is time to awaken, Super Hero!
In Japan, the movie will be released on June 11, but the worldwide release will begin rolling out in August. Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero will be available both subbed and dubbed.