Animal Crossing: New Horizons on Switch allows players to create custom clothes and share them with others online. There are multiple ways to share the pieces you create, and there’s many ways to make custom gear for folks.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to make and share custom patterns.
Making custom patterns
One way you can create patterns is through this pattern editor website. It allows you to make patterns in your browser or even upload images, which it’ll convert into an Animal Crossing pattern. From here, it’ll let you save the pattern has a QR code that you can scan and import into your game.
You can slo make patterns in-game. In New Horizons, you can creates clothes almost immediately using the simple pattern tool. After your tent becomes a home, buy the Custom Design Pro Editor for 800 Nook Miles from the Nook Stop. This will let you make fancier designs for all sorts of clothes, like hoodies or beanies.
Sharing with QR Codes
If you’re importing a code from the pattern maker above or from Animal Crossing: New Leaf, you’ll need the Nintendo Switch Online app for Android or iOS. Once you login with your Nintendo account, you’ll be able to access Nook Link.
Press the Plus button on the New Horizons title screen to link your character with your Nintendo account, and use the app to scan the QR code.
After you scan it, open your designs on your Nook Phone and press the Plus button to download the design.
Sharing from the Able Sisters shop
This method requires a Nintendo Switch Online Subscription.
After you build Nook’s Cranny, Mabel will come visit your town. After visiting a couple of times, she’ll ask you to place a plot to open her store on your island.
In the back of the Able Sisters shop will be a Custom Designs Kiosk. Here, you can upload and download designs.
After you upload a design, Animal Crossing: New Horizons will give you a long string of numbers and letters. Input the string of numbers and letters to download other peoples’ designs.
Prices taken at time of publishing.
Nintendo Switch consoles are often sold out, but you can still pick up the handheld-only Switch Lite, which is perfect for portable gaming.
- $200 at Best Buy
Animal Crossing: New Horizons 2.0
- How to prepare for Animal Crossing: New Horizons 2.0
- New things to do in November
- Gyroids and gyroid fragments
- Happy Home Paradise unlock guide
- 8 quality-of-life additions added in Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ 2.0 update
- Food, cooking, and DIY Recipes+
- Animal Crossing farming guide
- How to get wheat
- Kapp’n’s Boat Tours
- Harv’s Island Plaza
- Permanent ladders
- Storage shed
- How to unlock Brewster
- Donation box
- How to get Shino and 15 more new 2.0 villagers
- How to invite villagers to Happy Home Paradise islands
- Glowing moss and vine DIY recipe list
- Pro Camera App
- How to get Froggy Chair
- Animal Crossing 2.01 update
- Getting started 6
Learn the basics
- How to turn any photo into a pattern
- 8 tasks to do every day
- Online multiplayer
- How to time travel
- Tool durability
- What does eating fruit do?
- How to poop 💩
- Sending letters and mail — Animal Crossing: New Horizons guide
- How to cure a wasp sting
- Moving rocks and making a rock garden
- Improving the game chat
Buildings and structures
- Upgrading your house
- How to unlock the Shop, the Museum, and more
- How to unlock the Able Sisters tailor shop
- Guide to the Museum
- How to move items and manage your pocket and house inventory
- How to move and rotate furniture
- How to move buildings
- How to build bridges and inclines
- How to upgrade Nook’s Cranny
- Catching critters 9
- Farming for items 9
- Upgrades 7
- Making money (Bells) 6
- Nook Miles 3
- Character and island customization 10
- Villager visitors and NPCs 9
Seasonal event guides
- How to catch maple leaves
- Cherry-blossom Petals recipe list guide
- Young Spring Bamboo DIY recipe list
- Summer Shell DIY recipe list
- Maple Leaf DIY recipes
- Acorn and Pinecone DIY recipes
- Mushroom DIY recipe list
- Snowflake DIY recipes
- Festive Ornament DIY recipes
- Perfect Snowboy and DIY list
- How to make custom fireworks
- Raffle guide and rewards list
- Festivale event guide
- Bunny Day event guide
- May Day event guide
- Nature Day event guide
- Wedding season event guide
- Halloween event guide
- Turkey Day guide
- Toy Day event guide
- New Year’s Eve countdown event
The game’s community
- The year we spent in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Animal Crossing kept up with all the twists and turns of 2020
- Joe Biden sets up his own Animal Crossing island for the presidential campaign
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons is a much-needed escape from everything
- Animal Crossing outsells Breath of the Wild in mere months
- Animal Crossing’s escapist fantasy is getting a reality check
- Animal Crossing reportedly removed from Chinese retailers following Hong Kong demonstrations
- Animal Crossing hacker group starts free villager service
- Animal Crossing’s fashion is unrivaled
- Animal Crossing players are starting over after dozens (or hundreds) of hours
Sign up for the newsletter Patch Notes
A weekly roundup of the best things from Polygon