Polygon Recruitment Center

pHpfMpr.0.png

Greetings, Citizens of Polygon.

I'll make this brief. The forces of Advent are strong, and the Resistance is weak and disorganized. In order to combat this threat and retake our planet, we need volunteers willing to risk everything both on and off the battlefield. To that end, we have organized this recruitment center, opening enlistment to all who wish to see humanity restored. Enlisted soldiers may be called upon at any time for any front. Many will make the ultimate sacrifice. But if we join together, if we are strong, and do not waver in the face of overwhelming odds, we can save our world.

Enlistment Details:

XCOM 2 comes with a pretty fun soldier editor, along with the new feature of allowing the import and export of soldier files, so they can be shared among friends. So I thought it'd be fun to make a roster of Polynauts available for use.

So, how do you share soldiers? Well, from the Character Pool in game you can select a soldier you have created, then click the "Export Selection" button. This will bring up a list of collections you can export your soldier to, along with the option to create new collections. Each collection will show up as a separate file.

The location of these files is at:

Documents\my games\XCOM2\XComGame\CharacterPool\Importable\

To import a soldier from another player you must obtain a collection.bin file from them, and place it in the character pool directory (same path as above). Then, in the in game's Character Pool, you can select "Import Character", choose the collection you received, and then the desired soldier(s).

Yeah, it's a little involved. So here is a youtube video explaining the process.

Additionally, I thought it would be cool to let those without the game get in on the action as well. While not a perfect solution, I've made a quick reference for the major options as an Imgur album here. This is just a text list, If you want to see what all the options look like, there are videos on youtube. They clock in at about 15 minutes though, so I figured this might make things a little easier to find. If you want, you can request a soldier version of yourself, and I will hopefully be able to help out, time permitting. (Let's be real though, I love editing soldiers. I'll find time.)

I'll be collating the entries into this spreadsheet here. Currently I have created a Polynauts collection, to store any representation of ourselves. I've started it off with myself available. If anyone wants to upload their own collections, let me know and I can add them to the sheet.

news
news
news
news
news
news
news
news
news
news
news
news