In our Horizon Forbidden West Relic Ruins: No Man’s Land guide, we’ll show you out how to explore the ruins, find the ornament, and get that pesky battery across the water. Follow our guide and you’ll get 5,000 XP, 2 Skill Points, and loot along the way.
Relic Ruins: No Man’s Land is southeast of Plainsong. Similarly to the first Relic Ruin in The Daunt, you’ll need to complete a puzzle to get an access code to open a locked door.
Before you start: Do you have the Igniter tool for the Firegleam?
If you don’t have the Igniter, you’re at this Relic Ruin too early, and you’ll need to come back after getting the Igniter. You can get it from the story mission “Death’s Door.”
If you ventured to the No Man’s Land Relic Ruins and are getting hit with the “Missing Tool Needed” text, then light up the nearby campfire and come back later.
Table of contents
We’ve broken down this ruins into four steps:
- Getting into the ruins, which tells you how to actually get into the ruins from the outside using the Pullcaster.
- Finding and charging the battery, which you need to power the door that blocks off the Ornament.
- Getting the battery across the water, since the battery will discharge if it touches water.
- Opening the Relic Ruins: No Man’s Land door, where you have to hop up and use a key code to open it up.
Getting into the No Man’s Land Relic Ruins
- Find the crate and vent that have the usual Pullcaster blue color on them outside the ruins.
- Open the vent, but you don’t have to go in.
- Line the crate up on the wall to the right of the vent to hop up its ledges. (You’ll see yellow parts Aloy can climb up.)
- Travel along the path and blow up the Firegleam to gain entry to the ruins.
Finding and charging the needed battery
- Once you’re in the room, drop down the ledge.
- Use the Pullcaster on the wall with the blue cross on it to open a new path. (This path is where the vent outside leads.)
- Head to the right.
- Use the Igniter on the Firegleam and you’ll find a room with a battery, but it’s dead.
- Grab it and bring it back to the watery room and stick it in the blue charging port in the corner.
Getting the battery across the water
- From the watery room, use the Pullcaster to hop up on the ledge you originally entered through.
- Enter the doorway on the edge and you’ll see a crate, though it’s blocked with some wooden debris.
- Use the Pullcaster to pull the crate as close as possible. Aloy will note that it’s stuck.
- Head back to the watery room and you’ll be able to see the crate from a doorway above. Use the Pullcaster to yank it down.
- Once it’s down, place it flush along the edge of the side of the water with the charged battery.
- Pick up the battery and place it on top of the crate.
- Grab the crate and move it to the other side of the water, pick up the battery, and put it in the battery slot.
Opening the door and getting the Ornament
- Scan the datapoint to get the code.
- Try to climb up the wall on the left side. The yellow grip will crumble off.
- Push the crate flush against the wall.
- Climb up the crate and jump on to the next yellow grip and climb to the floor with the locked door.
- Input the code (2204) in the door.
- Pick up the Ornament!