As you catch Pokémon in Pokémon Legends: Arceus, your star rank with Galaxy Team increases. Increasing your star rank is important to progressing in the story, as well as unlocking new items to use on your adventure. Our Pokémon Legends: Arceus star rank guide explains how to increase your star rank quickly and what the rewards are for tiering up.
How do I increase my star rank?
You get points for making new discoveries in your Pokédex, and once you get enough points, you’ll rank up. You get 100 points whenever you complete the Pokédex entry for a Pokémon. To do this, you’ll need to make 10 discoveries, so you have to catch and battle the specific Pokémon, as well as see it use specific moves.
If you need to quickly raise your star rank to progress in the game’s story, here’s some tips:
- Head to any area that has the least-completed Pokédex entries. (Browse your Pokédex by area to check this.)
- Catch at least one of everything that you can find.
- Use the Pokémon you caught in battles against other Pokémon you need to complete entries for. Use any moves that the Pokédex requires while you do this.
- Evolve Pokémon as necessary.
As your star rank increases, the number of points you need to hit the next rank also increases. This means that you’ll need to complete Pokédex entries for a wide variety of Pokémon, rather than just focusing on your favorites.
What do I get for increasing my star rank?
Every time you rank up, you get some new crafting recipes, mainly those of better Poké Balls and healing items.
There are multiple times where Cyllene notes that your new rank allows you access to better types of Poké Balls, but you may get these balls ahead of your promotion from completing requests or as lucky drops.
With each promotion also comes a boost to how much money you get for catching Pokémon.
Below, we list out all the star rank rewards, though we do not have them all. We’ll update this guide once we can confirm what the later rewards are.
- Star rank 1: All Pokémon level 20 or below will obey you, Heavy Ball recipe, Revive recipe
- Star rank 2: Feather Balls, all Pokémon level 30 or below will obey you, Feather Ball recipe, Super Potion recipe
- Star rank 3: Great Balls, all Pokémon level 40 or below will obey you, Great Ball recipe
- Star rank 4: Leaden Balls, all Pokémon level 50 or below will obey you, Leaden Ball recipe, Hyper Potion recipe
- Star rank 5: Wing Balls, all Pokémon level 65 or below will obey you, Wing Ball recipe
- Star rank 6: Ultra Balls, all Pokémon level 80 or below will obey you, Ultra Ball recipe, Max Potion recipe
- Star rank 7: Gigaton Balls, all Pokémon will obey you, Gigaton Ball recipe
- Star rank 8: Jet Balls, Jet Ball recipe, Full Restore recipe
- Star rank 9: 10 Rare Candies, 20 Grit Pebbles
- Star rank 10: Coming soon