If you’re having a hard time catching Pokémon in Pokémon Legends: Arceus, we have some hot tips for you. Our Pokémon Legends: Arceus easy catch guide explains how to use your tools to catch almost all of the Pokémon in the game without having to battle them.
Sure, you can battle Pokémon and lower their health to catch them, but if you want to avoid that, try the following:
- Sneak up on the Pokémon by crouching and hiding behind nearby objects or in tall grass.
- Throw a berry (whichever you have the most of) in front of the Pokémon. (If you have the Pokémon’s preferred food, that’s better, but not necessary.)
- Once it finishes eating, throw another berry a bit further in front of the Pokémon, so its back is facing you.
- While its back is toward you, slowly approach the Pokémon and throw a Heavy Ball at its back.
- While it’s in the ball, run back to your hiding spot.
- Repeat from step 2 if it breaks out.
For the most part, you should be able to catch most Pokémon — even Alpha Pokémon — with this method. Some areas, especially around Alpha Pokémon, don’t have great hiding spots, so you might have to fudge the method a little bit.
If the Pokémon spots you and charges at you, you can battle it, or run away. If you run far enough away, the Pokémon’s aggro on you will drop, and you can start the process again.