Pokémon Scarlet and Violet may present itself such that you can tackle activities in whatever order you want, but you’ll have a hard time doing so, as there’s no level scaling.
All the badge encounters (which includes gym leaders on Victory Road, Titan Pokémon on Path of Legends, and Team Star leaders in Starfall Street) have a set level. You can do them out of order, if you’re OK with your Pokémon being underleveled. Some of these serve as blockades to later areas as well. For example, you can’t get to the northern half of Paldea until you beat either Team Star’s Dark or Fire Crews, as they have blockades set up.
The “correct” order to complete these fights is not straightforward, as you’ll be darting around all corners of the map back and forth, rather than just doing one circle.
Pokémon Scarlet and Violet gym order plus Titan and Team Star progression
If you’re looking to collect your badges in order to have a smooth leveling experience, we’re here to help. Here is a list of all the badges, in order from lowest level to highest level:
- Cortondo gym (bug, level 14-15)
- Stony Cliff Titan (rock, level 16)
- Artazon gym (grass, level 16-18)
- Open Sky Titan (flying, level 19)
- Team Star Dark Crew (level 20-21)
- Levincia gym (electric, level 23-24)
- Team Star Fire Crew (level 26-27)
- Lurking Steel Titan (steel, level 28)
- Cascarrafa gym (water, level 29-30)
- Team Star Poison Crew (level 32-33)
- Medali gym (normal, level 35-36)
- Montenevera gym (ghost, level 41-42)
- Quaking Earth Titan (ground, level 44)
- Alfornada gym (psychic, level 44-45)
- Glaseado gym (ice, level 47-48)
- Team Star Fairy Crew (level 50-51)
- False Dragon Titan (dragon, level 55)
- Team Star Fighting Crew (level 55-56)