Dipplin is a cute candied apple evolution of Applin, the dragon- and grass-type apple Pokémon.
Added as part of the Pokémon Scarlet and Violet: The Teal Mask DLC, you can evolve your Applin into Dipplin when you meet certain requirements.
Below, we explain both where to find Applin and how to evolve Applin into Dipplin.
Where to find Applin
You can find Applin even without the DLC in any of the locations below:
You can use a dragon-type sandwich to help boost the encounter rate of Applin. We use the “Great Avocado Sandwich” which consists of avocado, smoked fillet, tomato, and salt. With this sandwich, we didn’t even have to knock it out of trees — they were just rolling around outside of Medali.
How to evolve Applin into Dipplin
Just like Applin’s other evolution options, Flapple and Appletun, you need a special item to evolve Applin into Dipplin: a Syrupy Apple.
You can find a Syrupy Apple in the southeast corner of Kitakami, called the Mossfell Confluence, as marked below. You can buy as many as you like from a fruit stand for $500 each.
Once you have the item, you can use it from your inventory to evolve Applin, the same way you would evolve a Pokémon using an evolution stone.
Even if you don’t have the DLC, you can still get a Dipplin by either having a friend (with the DLC) trade you one or trade you a a Pokémon holding a Syrupy Apple.
Looking for more new Pokémon from The Teal Mask? Learn how to evolve Poltchageist into Sinistcha.
Just starting out
- 10 things to know before starting Pokémon Scarlet and Violet
- Frequently asked questions (FAQ) about Scarlet and Violet
- Which Scarlet and Violet starter is the best?
- Type strength and weakness chart
- Tera Types, explained
- Badge order and progression guide
- Everything you should know about Koraidon and Miraidon
- Why you should take Academy classes
- How to change your Pokémon’s names
- How Pokémon Scarlet and Violet’s multiplayer works (and doesn’t)
- How to get mystery gifts in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet
- How to easily shiny hunt
- The definitive guide to Tera Raids
- Can you Nuzlocke Scarlet and Violet?
- How to transfer your save data
- Victory Road (gyms, Elite Four, and Champion) 11
- Starfall Street & Path of Legends 7
Filling out your Pokédex
- Complete regional Paldea Pokédex
- Pokémon Violet and Scarlet version exclusives list
- Link trade codes for starter and version exclusive Pokémon
- How to find shiny Pokémon
- Where to find Eevee
- Where to find Zorua
- Where to find Ditto
- How to get Paradox Pokémon
- Chi-Yu shrine and stake (blue) locations
- Ting-Lu shrine and stake (yellow/green) locations
- Chien-Pao shrine and stake (orange/gold) locations
- Wo-Chien shrine and stake (purple) locations
- How to transfer Pokémon between Scarlet and Violet and Home
- Pokémon Scarlet and Violet special evolutions guide
- How to evolve Tandemaus into Maushold
- How to evolve Pawmo into Pawmot
- How to evolve Charcadet into Amarouge/Ceruledge
- How to evolve Girafarig into Farigiraf
- How to evolve Greavard into Houndstone
- How to evolve Dunsparce into Dudunsparce
- How to evolve Rellor into Rabsca
- How to evolve Bisharp into Kingambit
- How to evolve Bramblin into Brambleghast
- How to evolve Finizen into Palafin
- How to evolve Primeape into Annihilape
- How to evolve Gimmighoul into Gholdengo
Training powerful Pokémon
- Full TM list, locations, and crafting recipes
- Where to find hold items (Destiny Knot, Leftovers, etc.)
- Eggs and breeding
- How to change a Pokémon’s Tera Type
- How to make the best sandwiches
- How to farm EXP and EXP Candy
- How to farm money
- Full sandwich and ingredient list
- How to relearn old moves
- How to raise IVs (Individual Values)
- How to train EVs (Effort Values)
- How to change natures
The Teal Mask DLC Guides
- Complete Kitakami Pokédex
- How to catch Ogerpon, and what its masks mean
- How to get the ‘Loyal Three’ Pokémon: Okidogi, Munkidori, and Fezandipiti
- How to get Bloodmoon Ursaluna
- What is a ‘lovey-dovey’ Pokémon?
- Ogre Clan member locations
- How to evolve Feebas into Milotic
- How to evolve Poltchageist into Sinistcha
- How to evolve Basculin into Basculegion
- How to evolve Gurdurr into Conkeldurr
- How to evolve Gligar into Gliscor
- How to evolve Poliwhirl
- How to evolve Lampent into Chandelure
- How to evolve Piloswine into Mamoswine
- How to evolve Phantump into Trevenant
Sign up for the newsletter Patch Notes
A weekly roundup of the best things from Polygon